Remember senior year of high school? And when Ms. Resit-Jones so wisely told you never to schedule a class at 8am? It is not until you get the opportunity to sleep past 8am, that you realize just how right she was. I don't know if I could ever go back to having obligations at 8am. I most certainly would dread putting myself in such a situation. That being said, I've only ever had 8ams my first semester and I don't plan on scheduling any more 8ams for the rest of my college career and I don't understand why my roommate chooses to torture herself like that.
One other luxury of higher education self-scheduling is not having to go to school for 5 days a week. My second, third, and fourth semesters were 4 day school weeks. It was a 4 day weekend every weekend - plenty of time for fun. This semester I had 2.5 day school weeks and it's looking like next semester will be too. But cramming 20 credit hours into 2.5 days has its caveats. I usually leave at 9am and don't return until 9pm. Proceed with caution.
One other luxury of higher education self-scheduling is not having to go to school for 5 days a week. My second, third, and fourth semesters were 4 day school weeks. It was a 4 day weekend every weekend - plenty of time for fun. This semester I had 2.5 day school weeks and it's looking like next semester will be too. But cramming 20 credit hours into 2.5 days has its caveats. I usually leave at 9am and don't return until 9pm. Proceed with caution.
No comments:
Post a Comment